Comment on page
Implementing Flags, Tags, and Categories
You are able to set flags, tags, and categories in your marketplace without coding. This gives you the ability to highlight new or exceptional integrations, and enables your customers to easily find the integrations that are most useful to them.
A flag is a bold UI feature overlaid upon your integration tile that can advertise a specific facet of the integration or multiple integrations such as New, Partner Built, Certified, or Premier. Only one flag can be applied to each integration, although colors can be set for any given flag type.
A tag is a backend identifier. Tags do not visually appear on your marketplace. Instead, they allow your team to attach specific words or phrases to integrations that improve the search function. For example, your customer may search your marketplace for email marketing, listserv or contact management instead of searching for a specific vendor like Mailchimp. In those instances, you could tag all the email marketing integrations with those phrases so they appear when your customer is searching your marketplace. For those in the marketing sphere, you can think of tags as marketplace-specific SEO keywords. You can assign as many tags to an integration as you would like.
Categories are a way to organize the integrations and applications in your marketplace. By default, these categories appear on the lefthand sidebar within your marketplace. It is most common for the categories to identify the product type of the partner app, such as CRM, Payment Providers, Email Marketing, or ATS. Other categories may reflect the partner type or industry. Your team can define these categories in whatever way will best enable your customers to discover the type of apps they would benefit from. You can place an integration into multiple categories, or put them into defined subcategories, as well as separate sections by section breaks.
- 1.Sign in to your Pandium Admin Dashboard and click on the Marketplace resource in the sidebar
- 2.Click on the item you are attempting to create (Categories, Flags, or Tags)
- 3.Click the “Create” button on the appropriate dashboard to create a new category, flag, or category
- 4.While Flags and Tags will automatically become available, but Categories must be toggled ‘on’ to appear in your Marketplace
- In the popup creation window, you will be able to select the creation of a category, subcategory, or section break.
- These elements can be organized by dragging and dropping them in order from the left side of each row using the dotted icon. This ordering will reflect on both the in-app marketplace and the Gallery site.
- 5.Next, navigate to your Integrations resource and then click into the integration tile you would like to add categories, subcategories, tags, or a flag to
- 6.Within the integration view page, click on “Marketplace Setup” to view the integration’s marketplace configuration page
- 7.The third, fourth, and fifth fields on this page will correlate to categories, tags, and flag. You are able to multi-select categories and subcategories for the integration, multi-select tags for the integration, and select a flag for the integration
- 8.Don’t forget to save at the bottom of the page!
Last modified 2mo ago